Making a Success of Every Healthy Barbecue: Watermelon Salad with Mozzarella
Many people eat watermelon as a healthy snack or dessert, but there are a lot of other delicious variants. This popular summerfruit is also very tasty in a salad, pepped up with some mozzarella. By serving this delicious combination, you can be sure that your healthy barbecue will become a huge success.
- 10.6 oz. mixed salad/lettuce
- 2.2 pounds watermelon,ripe
- 2 pieces of mozzarella
- 8 stalks of mint
- 4 table spoons lemon juice
- 4 table spoons honey
- 10 table spoons olive oil
- Salt Pepper
1. Mix the lemon juice with honey; spice it with salt and pepper, as you like. After that, add the oil to the blend.
2. Wash the lettuce and let it dry. The best way to do this is to put it into a lettuce spin drier. After that, carefully remove the mint leaves from the stalks.
3. Peel the melon and remove the seeds. Cut the mozzarella and the watermelon into slices of approximately 0.79 inches.
4. Then, put the lettuce, the watermelon, and the mozzarella in a large bowl and mix it together. Finally, pour the dressing over the salad.
(Image: Natalia Lisovskaya – fotolia.com)