Sport activities: the basis for healthy sleep
A restful sleep is not only necessary but also important criteria for a healthy and fulfilling life. Unfortunately, more than 20% of the population knows sleep disorder and this problem strongly influences the lifestyle. For those, who cannot come to rest at night, we advise a natural sleeping pill without by-effect and this is nothing else then sports.
The combination of physical activity, mental activity and recovery provides the best fund for an undisturbed sleep.
Our daily routine mostly consists of work, shopping and other everyday tasks. Mostly if we cannot sleep looking for the remote control or the mouse to do something which makes us sleepy, the problem is that these stuffs make our brain tired but not the body. The result is a restless sleep flavored with some extra stress. The symptoms and by-effects of permanent sleep disorder are: concentrating problems, poor performance, fatigue, headaches and also muscle tension.
To avoid such manifestation, the physical and emotional balance is essential. The best suited sporting activities are running, swimming or cycling. According to a German-American study movement is an important requirement for sleep, because it keeps you not only fit and agile, but also strengthens your cardiovascular and immune systems. After sport, the recovery is important: Whether to nap with a good book in comfortable bed or to nestle with relaxing music in the warm water. Everything is allowed, what decompresses.
The time of sheep counting is over – sport is a must!
Six Tips for a good night’s sleep
- Neither full nor empty stomach are good for well sleep, so choose the golden middle route and enjoy your meal three hours before going to sleep. Other hand it is useful to eat light foods such as lean meat or fish and vegetables.
- The bedroom is for sleeping: Computer or TV can disturb the peaceful environment, that’s why better let these devices out.
- There are two bedroom rules which are important to know: The room should be dark and soundproof and for the best sleep the temperature must be around 16 to 18 degrees Celsius.
- Grandma’s Tip: warm milk with honey. The old method has medical ground. The milk contains tryptophan and the body needs its protein component for the production of serotonin what is a sleep conveyor.
- Regular trainings and movements in the afternoon can be the guaranty for restful sleep.
- Relaxing in a warm and comfortable bad can led us to the field of dreams, slowly and smoothly.
More information can be found on the website: sleepzine – The Sleep Online Magazine
(Image: © WavebreakMediaMicro – Fotolia.com)